British folksinger/songwriter Jez Lowe in Princeton house concert
sam. 28 septembre à 01:00
British folksinger/songwriter Jez Lowe has long been one of the UK’s most popular folk performers, playing for audiences the world over, either solo or with his band, The Bad Pennies.
Folk legend Richard Thompson has called Jez “The best singer-songwriter to come out of the UK for a long time,” and scores of performers, including Fairport Convention, The Dubliners, Mary Black, Bob Fox, Cherish The Ladies, and The Clancys, have added Jez’s songs to their own repertoires.
Lowe earned a Sony Radio Award for his contributions to the BBC Radio series, The Radio Ballads, which culminated in a live BBC Radio 2 broadcast commemorating The Great War Centenary.
BBC Radio DJ Mike Harding said “No one else writes or sounds like Jez Lowe.” Even if you’ve never heard the man himself, you’ve probably heard his songs, sung at festivals, club gigs, open mikes or on CD. Visit http://www.jezlowe.com for more performer information and a song link. Come hear Jez live in an intimate solo concert:
• Princeton, NJ house concert hosted by Liz and Kim Beasley
• Doors open 7:00 p.m. Friday, September 27
• Recommended donation $20 per person
• To reserve a seat, visit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EMqVkrcQMQP2E7scc658Ti3dM_lZhvZEsQ7OkM5issk/edit
• Questions? Ideas for next meet-up get-togethers? Email [masked]
Nous avons temporairement désactivé la possibilité de naviguer vers les tags.