Advance Piloting Course
Chaque semaine les mardi jusqu'au 19 mars 2019
Advanced Piloting is the second in the sequence of USPS courses on navigation. It continues to build coastal and inland navigation skill, allowing the student to take on more challenging conditions – unfamiliar waters, limited visibility, and extended cruises. GPS is embraced as a primary navigation tool while adding radar, chart plotters, and other electronic navigation tools. As with Piloting, the course includes many in-class exercises, advancing the student’s skills through hands-on practice and learning. Ten classes of two hours each normally are scheduled for presentation of this course with an open book exam. Topics covered include: • Review of skills learned in Piloting
• Advanced positioning techniques such as advancing a line of
• Other electronics: radar, depth sounders, autopilots, chart plotters,
computer software, etc.
• Hazard avoidance techniques using electronics (e.g., “keep out”
zones in GPS) and manual methods
• Collision avoidance using radar and GPS
• Working with tides: clearances, depth, effects of current
• Piloting with wind and currents
• The “Seaman’s Eye” – simple skills for checking that one is on course Start Date: January 8, 2019
Duration: 10 Weeks
Pricing: Member Price is $85.00, Non-Member Price is $170
Note: In Person, Registration begins at 7:00 pm
Location: New Rochelle Marina
Address: 22 Pelham Rd.
City: New Rochelle, NY 10805 Pre-Register:
Contact: SEO Frank Palmieri JN
Nous avons temporairement désactivé la possibilité de naviguer vers les tags.