Hike Sterling Forest/Bare Rock
sam. 6 octobre à 16:00
Description: Join the Morris Ski Club on a moderate/strenuous hike in the Sterling Forest New York. Our hike begins with a visit to the remnants of an old iron mine and furnace. After a few miles we will arrive at Bare Rock which offers a fantastic view of Greenwood Lake including the section where we have gone paddle boarding. The hike continues with a climb involving some minor rock scrambling to the Sterling Forest Fire Tower for some additional views. We will then finish off the day by going to a nearby bar and grill (probably Rhodes North). Important notes for the hike:
Hiking boots are highly recommended as the trails are rocky in spots and can be muddy
Daypack to carry extra clothing, sufficient water and your snack or lunch.
Bring a camera (Bare Rock and the Fire Tower are great for photos).
Restroom facilities are located inside the visitor’s center.
GPS Coordinates:[masked],[masked]) Directions to the hike location from Morristown:
• Take I-287 North - merging briefly onto the NYS Thruway (toward Albany) but
immediately exiting at 15A onto Rte 17 North
• Turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Route 17 and head north for 1.4 miles to the exit for Sterling Forest.
• Follow Sterling Mine Road (County Route 72) west for 3.0 miles.
• At the traffic light, turn right onto Long Meadow Road (County Route 84).
• Long Meadow Road past IBM for a total of 3.5 miles.
• Turn left onto Sterling Lake Road
• After 0.5 mile make a right onto Old Forge Road.
• Parking lot will be on the right. For additional directions enter Sterling Forest Visitor’s Center. Event leader: Paul Email: [masked]. Sign Up: Advanced sign up by e-mail is not required is appreciated. Weather: If the weather is questionable the status of hike will be posted on the Yahoo and Meet-up sites.
Nous avons temporairement désactivé la possibilité de naviguer vers les tags.