The Complete Legal Aid Supervisor
Wed 16/05/2018 de 9h30 à 16h45
Liverpool Law Society
Supervisors are the key to a successful contracting relationship with the Legal Aid Agency. You have to have at least one and they are your first line of defence against audit problems.
This course covers everything supervisors need to know. It will qualify a new supervisor who hasn’t supervised before under Standard Contract Specification requirements for both the Civil/Family Standard Contract 2018 and Crime Standard Contract 2017. It is also a useful refresher for experienced supervisors. You will learn about:
· Latest developments in legal aid
· Relevant SQM and Lexcel provisions
· SRA Competence Statement requirements for supervision
· How supervisors qualify and maintain status
· What supervisors need to look for in file reviews
· The main types of legal aid audit, including Contract Manager visits and peer review
· An introduction to the inter-personal skills supervisors need; listening and feedback
· Different approaches to supervision
· Finding the time to supervise
The speaker is Vicky Ling, who worked for the Legal Aid Board when ‘franchising’ was still a twinkle in Steve Orchard’s eye. For twenty years she has been an independent consultant specialising in legal aid. Vicky is co-author (with Simon Pugh and others) of the LAG Legal Aid Handbook 2017-18. She has recently co-authored a complaints handling toolkit and a client care toolkit for the Law Society.
Relevant competency statement section: C - working with other people
Nous avons temporairement désactivé la possibilité de naviguer vers les tags.