Day 1: 6th June, Day 2: 7th June & Day 3: 15th June 2018
Liverpool Law Society is proud to host this course run by Safda Mahmood. This course will be of benefit to those who seek to apply for membership of the Law Society’s Children Panel. You will have 6 months to submit your application after attending the course.
The 3-day course is designed to enhance your legal knowledge, as well as to ensure that you are familiar with the requirements for membership. It will provide you with tips for good practice, as well undertaking case studies in groups, so as to apply your knowledge to various scenarios. The course is updated for 2018.
• Private Children law and Procedure
• Local authority procedures and duties
• Contact and assessments
• Threshold and use of experts
• Human rights issues
• Taking instructions from children and separate representation
• Care planning and Public Law Outline
• Evidence, procedure, advocacy and preparation
• Adoption, Placement Orders and Attachment
• Secure Accommodation
• Complaints procedures and Criminal Injuries Compensation
Safda Mahmood, is a Senior Solicitor, with extensive experience in both practicing and teaching family law to practitioners, academics and trainees. Safda is on the Law Society Children Panel and specialises in Children Law and Adoption. He has written in various legal publications and has been practicing in children law for over 20 years.