"Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development. Today, our membership is 352,000 strong. These members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 12,500-plus clubs that make up our global network of meeting locations."
The Princeton Junction Toastmasters club is an excellent place for you to develop your confidence and leadership skills, at your own pace. We meet on the second and fourth Thursday of every month.
How Does It Work?
A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a friendly atmosphere. A typical group has 20 to 40 members who meet weekly, biweekly or monthly. A typical meeting lasts 60 – 90 minutes.There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another’s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success. Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure."
Why join or visit our club?
The Toastmasters program offers many benefits that help people in all walks of life. As a result of participating in Toastmasters, you will:
1. Increase your self-confidence and communication skills - not only speaking but also listening! Strong communication skills help you both personally and professionally.
2. A chance to be part of a 92-year strong non-profit educational international organization with unlimited networking opportunities.
3. Advance your communication and leadership skills at your own pace with real time feedback from mentors and fellow members.
4. The cost of a professional development seminar can be thousands of dollars. The cost of a community college credit in NJ $100+. Monthly dues are of Princeton Toastmaster -only $7.50 a month less than a single meal, this fee includes your educational manuals.
5. Earn education credentials that you can put on your resume to advance your career.
6. Optional social events after each meeting to help you meet people and make connections as well as have fun!
7. Overcome your fear of speaking and learn to think on your feet with impromptu speaking.
8. Warm, welcome, encouraging and supportive environment!
9. Prepare for your next work presentation, sales pitch, interview in a safe environment.
10. Learn or enhance skills in marketing, time management, project management, delegation, budgeting, record keeping and more.
11. You get to have FUN while you do all of the above!
Your initial investment:
$20 New member fee $45 Dues for six months, plus any club expenses. (Some clubs may charge a nominal fee in addition to the regular dues for items such as meeting space and club supplies.) Thereafter, membership paid on yearly basis.
More than 4 million people have discovered the benefits of this proven learning formula. What are you waiting for?