Sat 2 September à 17:00
Timezone : Paris (GMT+02:00)
The NYC Guitar Group will soon be launching the Intermediate Master Class – an intense weekly group class skillfully designed to activate rapid progress. All Guitarists who want to take their playing to advanced levels MUST join this cohort.
This is the perfect class for preparing for the NYC Guitar Group’s most advanced class: The Advanced Master Class. The Advanced Master Class is a high-intensity course that takes high-intermediate students to the advanced and professional levels.
The Intermediate Master Class will cover the following:
• Learn & Master All Professional Scales Up & Down The Entire Guitar Neck
• Mastery of The Essentials of Music Theory
• Learn to Play Lead Notes Between Chords In a Song
• Advanced Chord Construction
• Fingerpicking & Pick-Picking
• Instruction on Guitar Soloing Technique
• Analysis of Chord Choices From Some of The World’s Best Songwriters
• Rhythm Development
• And Much More!
Class details include:
• 10-15 Person Cohort
• 1.5-Hour Weekly Group Classes
• Acceptance By Proficiency Test Only (Free Audition Options Below)
• Firm Commitment to Practice Class Material 5 Hours Per Week
• Cohort Goal: Fastest & Most Enjoyable Advancement From Intermediate to Beginning Advanced Guitar Playing
• Start Date: Every Saturday starting September 2nd,[masked]:00-12:30pm
• Cost: $40 Per Week
• Location: 244 Rehearsal Studios (244 W. 54th St., Manhattan, 10th Floor)
Each guitarist who completes this course will be at the beginning stages of advanced playing — well on their way to reaching professional levels.
If you are interested in learning more about the Advanced Master Class for guitarists, email us at [masked] to let us know and we'll get in touch to answer any questions you may have and to schedule an audition.
Everyone interested in this class must first audition. If you are ready to audition for this class, please select one of two options:
Option A - Walk-In: Auditions will be held on Saturdays, August 12, 19, and 26 from 1:00-2:00pm at Nola Rehearsal Studios (244 W. 54th St., Manhattan, 10th Floor, in Studio 1). There is no need to make a reservation as auditions are on a first-come, first-served basis. Just show up with your guitar, and get in line.
Option B - By Appointment Only: Auditions will also be held on Tuesdays, August 8, 15, 22 or 29 from 6:30-7:30pm in Downtown Brooklyn by the Atlantic Terminal. Option B auditions are by reservation only. Email [masked] to make your reservation today.
What To Expect: You will not need to prepare anything for the audition as it will be a general survey of all that you know on the guitar. Perfection is not expected, but the audition will identify if you currently have a strong foundation to allow you to keep up with your classmates and contribute. Each audition will be with Master Instructor, and Teacher Beau Lee (the NYC Guitar Group Organizer) and will take approximately 15 minutes. Beau will assess your current music knowledge and determine what level you are at and which upcoming class is going to be best for you.