Guided Meditation Class (Understanding your Mind)
Class fee: £6
Time: 7.30pm - 9.15pm (Arrive around 7.20pm)
Dates: October 17, 24, 31 & November 7 (4 weeks)
What is the class about?
We don't often stop to think what the mind is or how it works, yet it affects our experiences everywhere we go and in everything we do.
Through learning what the mind is and how it works we can begin to control it. Through controlling it, we can begin to reduce our negative thoughts, such as stress and worry, replacing them with positive and happy states of mind.
This is a general class series, which has been designed for beginners and is open to everyone. There are four classes, each are standalone, so if you can't attend all of them don't worry.
• Designed for those new to meditation
• Each class includes two guided meditations
• Seating on normal chairs, no need for special clothing
• Class starts with a guided meditation
• Next a talk and explanation of the practice
• Final guided meditation, then Q&A at the end
• Tea and biscuits in the World Peace Café after class